[ic] Database Recreation ...

Christopher VanOosterhout chris@vanoosterhout.com
Mon, 05 Mar 2001 16:55:03 -0500

Greetings All,

I have searched the archives for an answer and maybe I am not searching for
the right words, but I can not seem to find a way to "force" database
recreation.

I have a file called userdb.txt that I would like to become my userdb.  At
one time it did.

When I first placed this file in the CATALOG/products/ directory it created
a .gdbm file called userdb.gdbm.  I then deleted this file (I am currently
in learning/testing mode) thinking that it would automatically recreate
when I tried to do anything with the user database.

Now when I look in the CATALOG/products/ directory all I see is userdb.txt,
products.gdbm and products.txt.  Why is my userdb.gdbm file not
reappearing.  Am I assuming correctly, that if this file is not here, that
the userdb database is not there either?

I guess the bottom line question is .. how do I force the creation /
recreation of this database?

Christopher VanOosterhout